Of all the items you’ll need for your baby, a crib is one of the most essential pieces of furniture in the nursery room. Your baby would spend a lot of time in the crib, so it’s very important to pick a comfortable and safety one. Here are some safety concerns should be aware of before picking out a crib:
- Avoid drop-side cribs because they were banned by the CPSC in 2011. Fixed or stationary sides are recommended.
- The distance between the crib slats or vertical bars must be no more than 2 3/8 inches (about the width of a soda can).
- Some cribs can later transform into toddler and even full-size beds, but be aware that the conversion kit has to be bought separately.
- The end panels should be solid, without decorative cutouts.
- Don’t place cords of window blinds, drapes or wall arts close to the crib as they may pose choking/falling hazard.
Apart from safeness, you may want the crib to look modern in the nursery room. Fancy the stylish famous brand Oeuf Cribs? Here are 2 top rated two-toned baby crib with Oeuf-style that you may like.
|Oeuf Classic 2-in-1 Convertible Crib – Award Winner of Babble’s 2011 Best Crib -||Baby Mod – Olivia 3-in-1 Baby Crib||Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail|
|Crib Color||Walnut + White OR Birch + White||Amber and White||Espresso + White|
|Crib Material||Solid wood and eco-friendly materials||Solid New Zealand pinewood||Sustainable New Zealand pine wood|
|Country of Origin||Europe||Unknown||Taiwan|
|Adjustable mattress height||3 Levels||4 Levels||4 Levels|
|Finishes||Non toxic, water-based and free of VOC health hazards||Non-toxic||Non-toxic, Lead and phthalate safe|
|Toddler Bed Rail||N/A||Included||Included|
|Features||No moving parts, all sides are stationary||No moving parts, all sides are stationary||No moving parts, all sides are stationary|
|Standards||Meets US and Canadian safety standards||Meets all U.S. standards||Meets all U.S. standards|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||54.25 x 30.25 x 36.0||55.25 x 31.25 x 35.0||53.4 x 30 x 34.6|
|Mattress size (sold separately)||52″L x 27.5″W mattress up to 6″ thick||standard-sized crib mattress||52″L x 27.5″W mattress up to 6″ thick|